Purpose: To assist both Local and National Lenders with registration onto the Platform.
Time: 20 min
Access: Web Only - https://app.buildwallet.com/user/register
Lender = A lender is an individual, a public or private group, or a financial institution that makes funds available to a person or business for a specific project, with the expectation that the funds will be repaid.
Sign Up as a Lender:
+ Additional Steps for Multi-Owner Entities
Steps to Sign Up as a Lender:
Step 1 - Sign Up as a User
- Email Address you will use as your User ID and have ready access to. This will be the PRIMARY User ID you to use on this platform.
- First Name – This is the name you will be known by on the BuildWallet platform.
Note: It does not have to match your legal driver’s license
Last Name – This is the name you will be known by on the BuildWallet platform.
- Note: It does not have to match your legal driver’s license
- New Password – We encourage the Strongest Password Protection; your password must contain:
- Minimum 8 characters
- Minimum 1 Upper Case Letter
- Minimum 1 Number
- Minimum 1 Non-Letter character: (examples: !@#$%^&*()?<>)
Action: Select the “Register” button to continue
Select Your Account Type
- Owner/Investor = Company or Individual who has financial and decision-making responsibility over the project. Maintains possession of the property after construction is finished.
- Lender = A lender is an individual, a public or private group, or a financial institution that makes funds available to a person or business for a specific project, with the expectation that the funds will be repaid.
- General Contractor/Contractor = Company or Individual who is responsible for the engagement, management, and direct execution of the SOV both directly and with the contracted help of the Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Subcontractor = Company or Individual who provides primarily Labor and possibly Material to the project (as-in supply & install contracts)
- Material Provider/Supplier = Company providing Material Only to a project
Action: Select Account Type
Activate Your Account (Invitation in Your Inbox)
You received an email from the BuildWallet system with the Subject: Verify your email to start using BuildWallet. This is how we confirm you have direct access to this email account.
Troubleshoot: If you did not receive an email after 5 min, please refresh both browser and email client and wait a minimum of 5 min. If still no email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to troubleshoot the issue.
Action: Click the “Verify Email Address” button on email
New screen browser tab will open:
Secondary Action: Login with new User ID and Password
Action: Refresh initial browser to show “Email Verified”
Possible Troubleshoot: Sometimes there is a problem if the internet browser you use to login is not the same as the browser being used for registration. i.e. if you are using Chrome to Sign Up, make sure that is the browser you use when it asks you to sign in.
Step 2 – Personal Identity Verification
Safety/Security Note: We outsource identity verification to the industry leader Alloy (www.alloy.com) who performs almost 500k personal and business verifications daily.
**Know that NONE of your private personal information is ever kept on the BuildWallet system.**
Action: Click on "Request identity verification"
Action: Click on "Complete Contract Info"
Verify Personal Info
- Legal First Name – (Must match Government Provided ID)
- Legal Last Name – (Must match Government Provided ID)
- Home Street Address - (Need physical address of current residency - P.O. Boxes not allowed)
- Apartment or Unit #
- State - (select from list)
- Postal Code
- Phone – (XXX) XXX-XXXX
- Date of Birth – MM/DD/YYYY
Action: Click the “Next”
Action: Click the “Request KYC”
Know Your Client (KYC) Verification
Personal Info – Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
SAFETY/SECURITY NOTE: Providing SSN or ITIN
This is a most critical piece of personal information needed to verify the individual submitting the application for registration. Once we have verified that each User is who they say they are, that increases the strength of the program by having pre-verified Users.
**Know that NO PERSONAL INFORMATION ever stays on the BuildWallet database. Everything is a direct pass through to the secure Alloy interface and sensitive banking or personal information is NEVER stored on our servers, especially personal SSN’s and ITIN’s.
NOTE: **Possible DELAYED Action**:
While this verification process is much faster than a human, it still can take some time to do the verification. After about 20 min you should click “Check Status” to see if our verification Partner Alloy has approved Your Know Your Client (KYC) Verification.
If Successful, you will see:
If Unsuccessful – please use the “? Help” Button at the bottom of the page. Or you can email us at email@example.com so we can get Customer Service to help get your business verified.
Step 3a – Add Business Details
Action: Click "Setup Business"
- Type of Business – How are you registered with your State Secretary of State as an entity?
- Sole Proprietor
- Single-Member LLC
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- General Partnership
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Limited Partnership (LP)
- Public Corporation
- Non-Profit Organization
- Unincorporated Association
- Does Your Business have an EIN – Yes/No
- Business Name – This is the Name as you have it registered with your State Secretary of State.
- If you have registered a legal Doing Business As (DBA) here is where you can list it.
- Note: This is a legal filling with your state’s Secretary of State.
- Country – Right now, only the US
- Mailing Street Address – The address the Company above is registered to with the Secretary of State.
- (If you have moved recently, or are confused, you can always verify you companies Address on the Secretary of State website – a quick Google search will show you the website)
- Unit #
- City – Same as Secretary of State
- State – Same as Secretary of State
- Zip – Same as Secretary of Sate
- Contact Email – Preferred email for business / same as User ID
- Business Phone – (XXX) XXX-XXX Your Preferred phone for business engagement
- Does your business have a website? – not critical
Action: Click “Next”
Step 3b - Business Details – Additional Details
This information is redundant…but it further verifies the registered address and industry information of the entity.
- Registered Address – Legally Registered Business Address:
- Same as Mailing Address
- Nothing additional needed
- User a different registered Address
- Submit Legally Registered Physical Address (No P.O. Boxes allowed)
- Same as Mailing Address
- NAICS Category (2-Part Selection)
- NAICS = North American Industry Classification System
- This information is further used to validate the business with your State’s SOS (Secretary of State)
- Every company is required to submit registration under at least one (can submit under multiple) NAICS code(s) at the time of registration.
Action: Click "Next ->"
- Verify submitted information & Edit as needed.
Action: Click “Request KYB” - KYB is short for Know Your Business
Second Action: Click “Yes, submit KYB”.
Step 4 – Business Certification
Action: Click on "Check Status"
NOTE: **DELAYED Action**:
While this verification process is much faster than a human,
it still can take some time to do the verification.
After about 20 min you should click “Check Status” to
see if our verification Partner Alloy has approved
Your Know Your Business (KYB) Verification.
When Successful, you will see:
Action: Click "<- Back to Dashboard"
If Unsuccessful – please use the “? Help” Button at the bottom of the page. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get Customer Service to help get your business verified.